Thursday, February 4, 2010

And so it is.

Where is this love?
I can't see it. I can't touch it. I can't feel it.
I can
hear it.
I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with your
easy words.



The first time I watched the movie Closer was back in 2005 (with Mel), when I was 15. Even back then the story, acting and music caught my attention. But at that time, I was still too green to even see the true meaning behind it. I was also too young and inexperienced to even relate to any of the main characters.

Last week Mel and I re watched the film and wow..it sure made more of an impact on us. We actually understood the film a bit more. As for me, I felt I read between a lot of the scenes and caught onto more details.

I saw a lot of myself in the character of Alice (played by Natalie Portman), minus the stripper thing lol.

I felt she was the only pure character with a pure heart. She wasn't a saint by any means, but I felt most of her intentions were good.
She genuinely loved someone who ended up hurting/treating her badly.

"Why isn't love enough?" Alice says.

I especially admire what she did at the end, I felt she was the strongest character out of the 4.

Interesting that Closer was originally a play. I'd love to see that.



Speaking of Natalie, I've always been fond of her and her style.
For me, she is one of the prettiest faces in Hollywood. She DID pull off the bald look!
And she graduated from Harvard; so she has beauty AND brains.
Oh and she is a vegan! Smile Tien. ^_^




I also feel she is the only actress today who slightly resembles the lovely Audrey Hepburn.
Watch Roman Holiday, during the haircut scene.. they have similar smiles/features, though their body structures differ: Audrey being tall & thin; while Natalie is more on the short/petite side.



Natalie wearing the famous little black dress
Audrey wore in Breakfast At Tiffany's:



Original:





More proof:


Of course there is only one Audrey Hepburn; she is an original and we will never see the likes of her again.

But if they ever decide to make a biopic of her life, Natalie HAS to do it. Screw JLH! -_-


If anyone is interested, here's the haircut scene that I mentioned earlier. I'm sure you'll see some similarities. ;)

No comments: